Friday, June 20, 2008

Good Intentions are like Wishful Thinking...

Usually, neither one amounts up to much.

I had all intentions of hitting up two caches near my house tonight. GC15f7N and GC17Y97 especially because it had been just recently disabled and re-enabled.

So, I packed my kid up (he's 2 1/2) and while the hubby hit the shooting range with a friend, I was set for grabbing a couple finds tonight. That is, until we got to the GC15f7N and my son decided he didn't want to sit in the car and watch his DVD's while Mommy got orientated. Now, I've taken him on a few hunts and he's always been really well behaved. In the calm areas, he'd come out and help me, but like tonight, when we are in busy spots he's usually very good about sitting in the car watching Spongebob or Scooby Doo. Not tonight. And because of the road that it's on and how busy it is, I decided to move on to GC17Y97, which wasn't much better. It wasn't as busy, but the kid still didn't want to sit tight and then it got worse because he didn't want Mommy to get out of the car.

So, I packed up the stuff and headed back home. Maybe tomorrow. I love bringing him along and I know that he'll grow into this hobby but for now, sometimes (like tonight) it's better off geocaching when I can find a babysitter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...